Co-ordinator – Climate and Energy
- Company: EWS-WWF
- Location: Dubai, UAE
Job type: Full time – 6 month Contract
The Coordinator will support the overall implementation of the Climate & Energy (C&E) Programme, as well as a number of key climate & energy projects, with the ultimate goal of helping to catalyze greater action on climate change and reducing its carbon footprint. Displaying excellent time management and team working skills, an open minded attitude to learning new topics, the coordinator will play an integral role in supporting the C&E team by using his/her skills in research, stakeholder engagement, project administration and coordination.
A. Programme / Project implementation and monitoring
- Support the Programme Leader on programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, as well as administrative related tasks.
- Support managers with annual action plans, budgets and implementation of Project Governance Standards (PGS) and PPMs.
- Support the Programme Leader with EWS-WWF Monitoring & Evaluation requirements, in close collaboration with the C&E managers.
- Undertake research and assist in collection of data relevant to programme initiatives as well as key projects. In particular support the manager of the Ecological Footprint Initiative (EFI) on all data collection aspects related to the footprint accounts and other data related needs of the EFI.
- Support and/or lead short term initiatives that will enable the implementation of the C&E programme.
- Lead the organization of workshops, meetings, roundtables and other events related to the projects.
- Support team members on logistics preparation, admin tasks, formal correspondence, permit applications, meeting notes and setting up meetings.
- Support the coordination of relevant Steering Committees including helping to organize the meetings and preparations of relevant materials for such meetings and events.
- Work closely with relevant team members to undertake ‘on the job’ training of all relevant tasks
- Provide logistical support in preparation of fundraising and corporate events as needed.
- Prepare project briefs and proposals to support the implementation of the C&E Programme, assist in collecting data for projects, as well as key initiatives/projects as required. Policy and stakeholder engagement.
- In liaison with team members, support the C&E Programme Leader in overseeing external communications with stakeholders (including Salesforce management).
- Support the Programme Leader on the coordination and preparation of stakeholder meetings.
- Undertake research and develop a calendar of key environmental and policy initiatives and other events (in the UAE and the region) including details on scope, agenda and expected outcomes.
- Provide support in policy review for climate and energy related issues topics as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Post graduate/ Graduate degree in environmental science, conservation, energy or any relevant field.
- 3+ years’ experience in climate change or energy issues or relevant field. Knowledge and skills:
- Strong willingness and ability to learn about new topics
- Exceptional team working and coordination abilities.
- Excellent time management skills and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems effectively.
- Ability to perform under pressure and multi-task
- Supportive, constructive and open to influence in dealing with others.
- Friendly, open, and sensitive to the satisfaction of the work group.
- Demonstrated project coordination skills.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
Excellent relationship-building skills interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (desirable).
Suitable applicants are invited to email their application with cover letter and CV to Reema Mascarenhas on firstname.lastname@example.org with Co-ordinator – Climate and Energy as the subject line. The closing date of application is 31st December 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.