- Date: February 26, 2017
- End Date: February 27, 2017
- Location: DMCC Almas Tower, Ground Floor, JLT
Eisenhower Fellowships is holding the South Asia Rising 2017 conference in light of critical issues suffered by the region. The conference is the third of its kind, with the first two conferences on the region previously held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, in 2006 and 2012.
Speakers will include:
- President of Eisenhower Fellowships George de Lama;
- Former President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf;
- Director of the Millennium Project Jerome Glenn;
- Deputy Minister of Static Enterprise Development in Sri Lanka Eran Wickramaratne;
- Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka Harsha de Silva;
- National Technology Head of BJP (India) Arvind Gupta;
- Former Minister and adviser to the President (Pakistan) Attiya Inayatullah;
- CEO of Tus-Holdings Co, Herbert Chen, and several others.
We live in an increasingly globalized world where society’s needs are rapidly evolving; however, a myriad of socio-economic grievances gripping nations across continents remain acute and unaddressed. Eisenhower Fellowships (EF) stands at a unique position to foster cross-national relations that can serve humanity by influencing decision makers throughout the world to make wise and lucrative decisions to overcome the problems that thwart development.
The creation of dialogue that can promote integration across borders is one of the first steps towards achievable and sustainable development. The South Asia Rising 2017 conference will focus on two primary themes: Regional Connectivity and Citizen Empowerment, allocated on the two days respectively.